Tuesday, July 31, 2012

as the month winds down...

Today is the final day of July, and thus the final day of the month-long "get rid of my stash of food" challenge!  I've used up a few things, but there are still many more things that continue to lurk.  I guess if it's taken so long to build up the stash, it might take a while to get rid of it!

Here's an overview of the final days of July:

July 28:

Breakfast
-blackberries +1 (#4)
-oatmeal
-nuts
-peach
-coffee
-Starbucks

Lunch
-hm...not sure

Dinner & other fun stuff
-I did a lot of cooking to try to use up some stuff & to try out some recipes.  I got points for trying

*Mushroom Nut Loaf +1 (#6)
-mushrooms +1 (#1)
-bread +1 (#1)
-Brazil nuts
-cashews
-carrot tops +1 (#4)
-carrots +1 (#4)
-onion
-garlic
-flax seeds +1 (#3)
-oats
-soy sauce
-oregano
-thyme

*Chewy Muffins +1 (#6)
-pancake syrup +1 (#3)
-all other ingredients were "fresh" and not worth writing about

I did not get points for using one of my favorite versatile recipes to make stuffed peppers, but I did get lots of points for ingredients!
-lentils +1 (#3)
-BBQ sauce +3 (#1, #3, #5)
-tomato sauce
-quinoa
-peppers +1 (#4)
-served with scallop squash +1 (#4)
-used up some leftover roasted veggies +0.5 (#1)
-strawberries +1 (#4)
-blackberries +1 (#4)
-cherries +1 (#1)

July 29:


-I'm not really sure what I consumed on this day other than blackberries with cereal & milk at breakfast +1 (#4).  I do know that I took a 4.5 hour nap!  I ate hummus and veggies and probably something else after the nap (leftovers?) and then helped some friends move.  Then...we grabbed a burger & burrito from Sheetz for a mid-afternoon "meal" and kind of just snacked the rest of the day.

July 30:

Breakfast

-banana
-Chewy Muffin
-almonds
-coffee with cream

Lunch:
-gazpacho +0.5 (#1)
-little red peppers +1 (#1)
-hummus
-matzoh

Dinner:
-out to Texas Roadhouse

July 31

Breakfast
-Chewy Muffin
-blueberries
-kale +1 (#4)
-banana
-coffee with cream
-brownie
-digestive biscuits (what, huh...since when are brownies & cookies part of breakfast?!?!)

Lunch

-carrots
-black bean & turkey soup

Snack
-apple
-hummus +1 (#1)
-zucchini
-Larabar

Dinner plan
-pasta
-scallop squash
-pasta sauce

So, totals...

July 28:  18.5
July 29:  1
July 30:  1.5
July 31:  2

Overall Total:   129

My husband asked me the other day if there was a certain goal for the number of Forever Foods I used up over the course of the month.  I told him no, but...that would be a good idea.  Perhaps for August?

No comments: