Thursday, July 26, 2012

more used-up stuff & some new recipes

Kind of stopped keeping track here, but...this is what I've used up (and I also did a pretty good job of getting my fridge free of last week's CSA before this week's arrived, so +1 for that).

ForeverFoods used up:
-flan mix +1
-frozen grapes +1

Other things used up:
-Kodiak cake mix +1
-1 bag of coffee that was not my favorite +1

New recipes:
-blackberry sorbet +1

Garden stuff:
-blackberries +1 (probably +1 every day...)

Not a great list, but...hey, at least a couple things are out of the pantry!  And I learned some things about making ice cream/sorbet with my ice-cream maker.  Mostly, I learned that it's easy but with my ice-cream maker it takes FOREVER to freeze.  Says it takes 20-45 minutes.  I waited over an hour and it still wasn't done, so I tossed it in the freezer & it still came out ok although rather icy.  I am now inspired to save up for a KitchenAid mixer with the ice cream bowl attachment...

Running total:  82

No comments: