Friday, July 20, 2012

in-laws!

Due to my husband's bum leg, my in-laws have come up for a visit to help us out around the house for a couple days.  One of the main things we wanted some help with was food!!  Last night my mother-in-law made several casseroles to freeze so we could have some go-to meals.  Yay!!!

To keep things uncomplicated, I didn't tell her about the use-my-stash challenge.  :-)  I think it's hard enough for her to figure out what ingredients I have to work with.  For example, she reported that she used up all of the zucchini I had but made sure to keep one so we'd have enough to make a dish for the two of us later.  I was shocked - I had a LOT of zucchini in the refrigerator.  I couldn't get over it, so this morning I looked through the fridge and...yeah, I still have about a dozen zucchinis...  I suppose most people don't have zucchini in 3 different locations in their refrigerator, huh?

She also used "the ground beef" from the freezer...and I had to ask about which of the 2 freezers it came from & from which shelf, because there are many "the ground beef"s in the freezers.  Kind of a good lesson for me!  At least with this purging I have made a list of everything I have; it would be wise to keep this list updated so I don't end up thinking I need to go out and buy more ground beef when I've already got 3 pounds at home!

In addition to MIL's using of various items (possibly using up all of the frozen chicken breasts & chocolate chips...but I'm not sure yet - haven't had time to check!), there were a few other point-earners yesterday:

-corn tortillas +1 (#1)
-Chinese food +0.5 (#1)
-pesto +2 (#1, #3)

Total July 18:  3.5
Running total:  76

No comments: