Friday, June 23, 2006

welcome, summer!

Summer is here!!! It sure feels like it, too. We've had a week full of 80+ temperatures, and it's been rather muggy. I can't wait to move into my air-conditioned new apartment (moving occurs in two weeks, by the way!!)

In celebration of the start of summer Because I was getting so hot and my dinner plans for Wednesday fell through, I went and got my hair cut back up to my ears. I still have to figure out a way to style it so it stays how I want it to.While getting the cut, the hair stylist reminded me that it was the summer equinox. So I celebrated with my roommate Michelle by visiting the newly opened Mercurio's Mulberry Creamery in the shopping district of Shadyside. The gelato was good - I had "rum raisin" and sampled lychee - but nothing compared to that purchased from a street vendor on a hot afternoon after walking around Venice (which I have done). Nevertheless, it was good, and I will probably go back but eat a different type of gelato. Mine was also really soft, and that's not right for gelato, either. It certainly wouldn't stand up to the heat of the Italian sun!

Happy summer!

2 comments:

Yi said...

Your haircut is so cute, Ruth :) It makes me want to get my hair cut short too...

Ruth said...

Great haircut! Perfect for summer, and it looks great on you.