Tuesday, June 27, 2006

packing up

Over the weekend I packed most everything that I don't require in the next two weeks so that I can more easily move on July 5 & 6. It turns out that I don't require my yarn, so all of it that was hiding in closets or laying at the foot of my bed and wasn't already in the Big Trunk o' Yarn or the new Little Red Trunk o' Yarn went into boxes.
there's a sweater on the needles in that blue/black bag; there's also some stuff to be felted hanging out in that knitting pile.

I have determined that I have entirely too much yarn for a frugal graduate student. This was further confirmed when I ran across some old receipts from the yarn store for yarn I had forgotten I'd bought... Eeks.

And, with that decided, I pulled out the Nadia yarn, knit up a swatch (because I already have two sweaters and a sock on the needles...the sweaters having been there for nearly a year each...and of course that's not enough projects to have going concurrently...!), and am trying to determine how much more of it I should go buy...

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I periodically decide I have too much yarn ... usually just after I've had to go digging in the stash for something and am shocked to realize how deep the stash is.

I think your stash is completely reasonable for anyone, let alone a grad student .... this way when money gets tight there will always be yarn.