Friday, June 16, 2006

the future of imagination and time wasting

I was pleased to note the other day that my favorite means of completely wasting time will soon be improved by something I've wanted for a long time. The magnificent product that eats up hours upon hours is "The Sims 2," and they supposedly will be adding a pet expansion to the PC software. !!!!! It's the next best thing to having an actual pet. Er...well, I guess there are other next-best things - like caring for living animals at an abandoned/confiscated pet shelter...or pet-sitting...or helping people take care of their pets when they are ill or cannot get around very well... Okay, so silicon-generated pets are simply a total waste of time, but at least they could potentially be a fun waste of time. And it would come close to meeting my desire to have a dog of my own. For the record, I believe I asked for a dog at every birthday and Christmas until I was 18. I never got one. Now...I am never at home/can't have a dog in my living quarters, so I'm still dogless. But at least I'm able to recognize that I am currently not equipped to properly raise and train and interact with a dog.

Anyways, as I was investigating the claim that EA Games has hinted at releasing a Sims 2 Pet expansion pack, I stumbled upon this from the upcoming EA NCAA Football '07. I was simply impressed with the graphics.
go green!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Oh, dear. I must not let Her Ladyship find out ... she plays Zoo Tycoon all the time as it is.