Sunday, June 04, 2006

a poem for rachelle

Rachelle was born in Alaska,
Which town, I don't know - I'll ask her.
I wonder if my sister ever gave her those Old Navy socks.
If not, I have some at my house in a box.
I can ship them to her via USPS.
They have Eskimos, so they are the best.
I drove Rachelle from Pennsylvania to Michigan,
A 12 hour experience in the snow I don't wish to repeat again.
It wasn't her that made it so bad -
It was the five of us girls and all the stuff that we had.
Rachelle reads my blog and missed my point of view
So I wrote her this poem just to say "Thank you!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heheheeee....

So funny, that trip to Michigan for Thanksgiving that never ended.

Are you talking about the red & white eskimo Old Navy socks? If you are, then yes Bethany gave me a pair. They are awesome.

Oh, I was born in Juneau, Alaska.

Ummmm how did you manage to do that to your leg and are you okay?

Anonymous said...

that bruise is HOT, sis

ruth said...

The leg injury occurred when I ran into the strike plate of my door. The plate is only attached to the door frame by one screw, so when the door isn't open, it falls down and presents its edges for unsuspecting legs. This is only the second time I've run into it and actually injured myself, but both times the strike plate managed to cut my leg (through my jeans, mind you - the first time, it actually made a hole in my jeans) and make an incredible bruise that appeared immediately. It would be wise of me to fix the door plate, but I can't find my hammer to run a nail through it to make it stay in the right place. ...I should do something about it, though - it's wrecking my clothes and my leg!

And, yes, those are the socks I meant. If Bethany wants her own pair, I can send her one. :)