Sunday, January 01, 2006

one girl's resolutions

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I'm not a big fan of making resolutions, so I call them goals. Here are my goals for this year...
  • Read through the Bible by the end of the year.
  • Spend time with God every day, which to me translates to journal, read and answer questions about a devotional (Our Journey, to be exact), and pray. I must admit that over the past couple months I have been extremely lax in doing this normally daily routine. Something about November and December does that to me. Not good.
  • Memorize some Bible verses. Not sure how many or which ones yet, but I have several lists of possibilities.
  • Learn Dutch for my hopeful trip to Amsterdam in late August/early September
  • Finish a series of short stories that I've been working on for years. Then I want to revise them again and have people actually read them.
  • Meet with my mentor Rose once a month. I tend to make that not a priority.
  • Exercise. No specific goals, no weight to be lost, but I have been utterly inactive except for hockey since the summer. Ucky.
How will I make sure I do any of these things? I'm aiming to make a commitment to accountability with one of the girls in my small group as part of our proposed monthly girl meetings.

That's the plan! We'll see what happens. Happy 2006, everyone!

No comments: