Wednesday, January 11, 2006

a new man in my life

Part of the deal with myself for the B.C.D. was that if I cleaned I'd get a pet. My good friend Sarah had been extremely thoughtful this year and purchased me a fish-kit - a tank, stones, plant, food, water conditioner - and some money for a fish. I was soooooo excited - I've wanted a pet for a long time.

Thus, in the midst of B.C.D. I went out to PetCo and adopted this little guy:
a man all for my very own!
Hee. :-D I like.

I named him Sheamus, and he seems to be liking it in his new home well enough. He doesn't eat a lot, but he has eaten, so that's a good sign. I picked out Sheamus because he kept looking at me in the pet store. All the other fish were just sitting there, being bored, but Sheamus actually looked interested. So...I thought I'd do better with an interesting fish than an boring one. And I got him.

The cats haven't seemed to have noticed a whole lot yet. Let's hope it stays that way.

...In other news, I went to the dentist today and mentioned that my teeth hurt when I ate hot, chewy foods (like...Hot Pockets...), and it turns out that the filling in one of my molars is damaged, and it has cracked my tooth, and it needs to be replaced. Uuuuugh! Normally I'm not that concerned about fillings - my teeth have always been very prone to cavities, although the past ten years haven't been so bad. BUT...getting and old filling taken out and having a new one put in - I've had that done once, and it was the most horrific experience of my life. WORSE than braces. WORSE than getting teeth pulled. WORSE than a root canal or oral surgery for wisdom teeth removal... Granted, I don't think that the person who was doing the refilling was extremely GOOD at what he was doing...it still left a bad taste in my mouth.

No pun intended.

No comments: