Tuesday, January 03, 2006

knitting disaster in the making

Uh oh... There's good news and bad news...

The good news is that I finished knitting the poncho for my friend.

The bad news is, when I pinned it together to see how it will look when it's done, it looked horrible. It's simple - two rectangles, sew them together poncho-style, and it's done! But for some reason when these two rectangles get together, they create a strange tube-neck and make the garment extremely short. I think I'm missing something, but this is another project that may require some creative sewing. Grrrr! I'll attempt to tackle that tonight.

In other knitting news, during the waiting for the wedding on wedding day, I took out the cast-on edge of the sock, and then last night I cast-off it loosely. I think it might be better now. Will have to check with the recipient, Jen, to be sure. I cast on the second sock last night, and it's REALLY loose. So loose that I'm afraid it won't stay up. Ugh. I think that all in all, this week hasn't been very fortunate in my knitting life. But I'll keep trying!

OH - and speaking of socks, I bought Sensational Knitted Socks with a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble from my grandparents. WOW!! This book is everything that a sock-knitting book should be. It shows me how to make every kind of heel and toe I'd want to, and when I get better I can use the patterns to make pretty socks with lace or cables or motifs or whatever I want! I'm very much a fan.

Also speaking of socks, look what I found in my sock drawer when I got back to Pittsburgh last night...
Zoe!

No comments: