Thursday, January 19, 2006

happy feet and happy hands

Giving is so great...! Yesterday at Bible study I gave away the Socks to my dear friend Jen. She promptly pulled off the socks she was wearing and put on the new ones, then proceeded to show everyone her new treasure. What a nice compliment!!
one satisfied customer
When I got home from the study, I dragged out my long-forgotten Starry Night Sweater. I felt like it was being very abandoned, and my fears that more work on it would be a gauge nightmare have been lowered by the fact that by the time I reached the bottom of Sock Number Two, I had to lower the needle size, indicating that I was back to normal with my knitting tendencies (WHY did they change?!??! That I do not know.). So out of its bag came the sweater, and...oh, my hands had forgotten how nice and soft this garment is!! I only got one row done, which felt like absolutely nothing when I consider how quickly a row of a sock or the current hat take, but it was so lovely to know that I had given a little effort to the beloved sweater and it was one row closer to being wear-able.
see the trees?
Now, if only I had some time to sit down with the lovely Starry Night and knit, knit, knit it to completion...

No comments: