Sunday, November 13, 2005

the tournament

I have just returned from the Strongsville Tournament! Unfortunately the team didn't do so hot, but I think it was a good experience for us - we were playing against teams that I know we have the potential to match or beat, but we (at least I) haven't been training with that in mind. I had a pretty good time, which is always what's most important, I think. Brett Hull, one of my favorite hockey players, once said, "If you can't play with a smile on your face, something's wrong."

The tournament left me a) hungery and b) tired. To satisfy my hunger, I went to my all-time favorite pizza place, Donatos, which hasn't existed in my neck of the woods for about 7 years, and ate nearly an entire medium pizza on the drive back to Pittsburgh from Strongsville. ! Back in Pittsburgh, I entered the house, put the rest of the pizza in the refrigerator, and fell asleep for three hours, during which time I had a dream that Mickey Mouse played on my hockey team.

No comments: