Friday, November 18, 2005

the rest of the story

Wow. And I thought that yesterday pre-5 o' clock was exciting...

As I left work and was walking through the parking lot, a black SUV hit me. Head on HIT me. I somehow managed to semi jump up onto the hood of the car (while holding an apple in my hand...talented, eh?) and was left with only an achey right side. The poor driver was so shaken up. I seem to be fine. Last night I had one of the elders at church pray for me, and I know this sounds really weird, but I felt better instantly. Isn't the first time that's happened to me (the healing I mean; this was the first time being hit by a car. Hopefully the last).

I went home, went to Taco Bell for some comfort food, then Starbucks for some more unnecessarily expensive warm drink, and drove to Sammi's house. I drive Sammi to and from church sometimes - she's in the high school youth group. We had to stop by La Roche College where Sammi's mom works. I parked, went in with Sammi for a bit longer than we had anticipated but not more than 10 minutes, and I came back and had gotten a $100 parking ticket. I just had to laugh. Please, would this be the end of the terribly ironic day??

No, of course not. Sammi's mom, being a professor at the school, was able to get my ticket forgiven (YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), and Sammi and I went to church...where the sermon began quite literally with "Have you ever had one of those days...weeks...months...? It's not that totally horrible stuff happens, but something like...a flat tire." Oh boy. Not sure if the sermon exactly HELPED matters, but it at least reminded me that I'm not the only one who has weirdness occur all at once.

Sammi and I returned to her home without incident (after another cup of hot chocolate!!), and I just had to stop to pick up some groceries and return a DVD. Thought I'd give a friend a call on the way. We talked for probably and hour and a half, and the call suddenly ended with my friend being very mad at me all of a sudden. I wasn't really hurt by it at all, and it's nothing that I can hold against my friend, but it just added to the frustration of the day.

I do hope that today is not quite as eventful. ...And I hope there's some more S_N_O_W!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Oh, Ruth, what a day! I'm so glad that you weren't seriously injured ... and hope that yesterday was a better one.