Tuesday, November 01, 2005

knitstuff

Lots of fun working on the Starry Night sweater this week, especially as it has gotten cold (and then gotten warmer again, but it's chilly at night). I'm currently about halway done with the chest chart, which means nearly 75% of the front and back are finished. Doing some cheap math, I figure that's about 37.5% complete. Doesn't seem so great, to tell the truth. Suppose I'd better just keep on knitting!!

However, I started a gift for a friend that I gotta get done soon, so I will be working diligently on that instead. It shouldn't be too much work - it's a garter stitch scarf, but it still requires work. I wager I could get it done by the end of the weekend if I gave it some effort. I lost lots of time that could have been used for knitting it yesterday when an annoying series of events occurred...the bus I take during Standard Time (because it's dark and scary when I get dropped off on the regular bus) drove past me at 7:40p.m., which was already 15 minutes after it was supposed to stop and pick me up. The next bus wasn't due for another 40 minutes, so I stomped back to where the Daylight Savings Time bus picks me up, which happens to be right in front of a Starbucks. Being that I was angered at the unstopping bus and that it was Halloween and distinctly autumn, I dropped in for an overpriced pumpkin spice latte to soothe me. As soon as I stepped out of Sbucks, the DST bus arrived, and so I had to hold the latte on the ride home instead of using my hands for knitting. In the end, the latte did me good, and it was involved in another series of events within my head that I'll discuss later...

I'm thinking about stopping all work on the Monk Bag. A few other people have told me what a waste of time it is to knit. I do need a new bag, however, since mine is falling apart in several places. Guess I gotta pull out the sewing machine and fix up the current bag and wait for bag-making (or buying?) inspiration or motivation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahem! I demand an update!!