Monday, November 07, 2005

a goose egg

My hockey team and I travelled to Kent, Ohio, this weekend for a game against the Kent Twisters in one of my favorite rinks, the Kent State University rink. In truth, the rink's facilities really stink - for example, the locker rooms are ucky and half of them are up a flight of steps. But, I love the charm of the place. All full of old wood, paneled walls all over, and my favorite part is the amazing fire place in the middle of a sunken sitting area.

Good news - we won the game after a very long fight. The game was scoreless until the middle of the third period. We managed to score a second goal, and thus we ended up winning AND I got a shut-out. Hooray!! It wasn't the toughest of games I've ever played, but keeping mentally in the game was a struggle. It's hard to stick with it sometimes, especially in a long game, which this certainly felt like.

Yay for us, team!! We head to Strongsville, Ohio, this coming weekend for a tournament. Lots of games, lots of competition. Lots of fun???

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Hi Ruth, I just came across your blog and wanted to say Hi. (I'm assuming, despite the lack of last name, that you are the same Ruth that I went to LT with a few years back). I was just reading a omment you made in my ''LT yearbook'' and was thinking of you. Hope you're doing well. I'm in Germany now. You can check out my blog for details if you'd like :)