Tuesday, October 11, 2005

the purple people eater and a strange combination

The knitting of the week...

Not a ton exciting here. Finished the knitting of the wine cozy.



I need to finish sewing it together before the shower Saturday.

My roommate Ren gave me some yarn she came across randomly. Blue and orange. If you're from Illinois, you know that those two colors DO go together. I'd like something else to go with them if I'm going to make anything nice out of the yarn. J Crew suggests pink (look on the left-hand side of the open catalog...yeah, under all that glare).



What do you think?

And here's finally a picture of the Harry Potter bookscarf. Photo-taking skills are really bad with this one...



Other than that, I set aside the Wave Skirt for a while - as delightful as it is to knit, the temperature dropped significantly over the weekend, so I'm not terribly hopeful about being able to wear it anytime soon (plus I need to work out making a shirt to match it and I'm having trouble finding the right color fabric; going to try to dye this weekend!). Instead, it's been the Starry Night sweater on the forefront. It's getting there.

No comments: