Tuesday, October 04, 2005

adjusting my needles

This weekend I decided to start the Wave Skirt. This required moving the Aran sweater onto different needles so I could use the cable on which it has been hanging out. At first I thought I'd pick up another set of 4's for a dollar at Target to put the sweater on, but when I went to Target to buy them, I realized that they aren't really 4's! They're more like 2's... In the end it was all fine because they Aran sweater wasn't even ON 4's to begin with, it was on 5's. I eventually made the transfer onto the other needles, whisked away the cable, and cast on the Wave Skirt...!

It's fun!!! It makes me want to wear a skirt. It makes me want to get new stitch markers because the ones I'm using are big and are making there be holes that can eventually be fixed, but it's annoying right now. It makes me happy about balling yarn, because it's so easy to toss the big pink ball into my huge purse and take the skirt-in-progress on the bus and I don't have to battle with the tangled yarn like I have been doing with the Starry Night pullover's yarn that is NOT in balls... It, thus, makes me want to even more get a ball winder.

The present for the upcoming bridal shower is nearing completion (which is good, since the bridal shower is about 10 days away), although I threw it aside in the middle of the week because the stupid stitches kept falling off the needle and I eventually had to spend an evening correcting all the fallen stitches this caused further down the work. Blah! Fixing furry yarn isn't so fun.

I keep debating whether I should buy some yarn to make a Weasley sweater. However, just as I was leaning towards "YES!" I got word from a good friend that relatives of one of his coworkers had been hit by Hurricane Katrina, and everything of value in their home in New Orleans had been looted, including all their clothing, which would have otherwise survived the hurricane in their dry upper story. Now I'm thinking I'd rather spend the yarn money on clothes for these people. Probably will hit the store tonight to go on a shopping spree for...not me! I'm convinced that this will be much more relaxing than shopping for clothing for myself, since nothing ever fits me.

No comments: