Tuesday, October 25, 2005

knits away!

Ahhhhh. The happy joy of knitting. I actually did some this week! And I'm so much better for it. If only I could figure out a way to exercise and knit at the same time - I'd be relaxed and energized all in one go.

I've tossed the other projects aside and have been focusing on the wave skirt and the *cheer!!!* Starry Night sweater. The skirt lived in my big purse all week, so it got knit on the bus. Once I found the sweater buried under a pile of clothes in my bedroom, I didn't work on it because I was too lazy to join in new yarn.

The skirt is coming along slowly but steadily. I still love working on it - it's a very lovely texture. I am using those hoop earrings from my birthday as stitch markers. They work great!!

I've finished the bottom half of the sweater and, within a matter of rows, will be starting the texture and color portion that will add the silhouette of pine trees. I'm very much looking forward to that part, and thus I am motivated to knit the rest of the boring back and forth part. I joined one of the new balls of yarn on the bus! Gotta remember to take those needles out of my purse...!! Potentially very ouchie.

And last but not least, the joy of knitting - and giving! I'm procrastinating in picking out Christmas knits for various people, but in the meantime I gave the Harry Potter bookscarf to my coworker who loves Harry Potter and basically every other book and movie that I seem to enjoy. She reads way more than I do, so it will be much more useful for her than me.

No comments: