Thursday, September 15, 2005

a visit to the cape

This past weekend was wonderous! During it I drove with my friends Jason and Joshua 10 hours to Cape Cod, Massachusetts, to attend our friends' (Kevin and Jen) wedding. I could write a whole book about the trip, but to summarize...

The Cape was beautiful. Jen and Kev couldn't have picked a better time of year or a better day. Gorgeous sun on a calm ocean bay on a perfect temperature afternoon.

My dear friends Jen and Kevin are dear friends of so many people, and this weekend it was easy to see why. They hosted a FABULOUS authentic Chinese dinner for all their out of town friends who had made cross-country and sometimes cross-ocean trips to make it to the wedding! They were cool, calm, collected, their regular easy-going selves through every single moment of the wedding and its reception. There was never a moment that I regretted making the long journey to celebrate this happy occasion with them!

I got to see a bunch of old acquaintances/friends and get to know some new people. As I said, the newlyweds have an extensive network of friends, and it was great to meet some I had only heard of before.

I spent some quality time in the car with three great guys - Jason, Joshua, and on the way back home another Jason. Good times. Such patient young men - not a complaint about how squashed it was in my Civic or a "when will we get there" whine. I guess they're all adults, so such childishness wouldn't be expected, but you never know...

Hopefully I'll have some more pictures back soon, but so far here's one I swiped from Jen's maid Gemma - the whole bridal party of friends, family, and Jen and Kevin.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: