Wednesday, September 21, 2005

i love it, i love it not

Work. Ugh. Not my favorite topic at present.

Two things I do not love at work:

One - me. This morning when I came into work I discovered that I, myself, had completely screwed up last night when I put my samples in the incubator. Instead of filling the incubator with FULL tubes, I for some reason thought it prudent to put in completely EMPTY tubes. Why????

Two - my project, which, according to my "annual department review," has my committee "concerned." At least they're not (according to the report) concerned about ME, just the project itself.

What I really, truly, absoultely love about work is the cold room. This is the room that is kept at 4C all year round. Most people would just say it's cold and a place to store things that need to be kept cold, but I think I could spend at least a long afternoon if not an entire day in there. I do like the cold, but even more I adore the smell of the refrigerated air (I guess that's the smell). It's...refreshing.

No comments: