Tuesday, February 27, 2007

in which i triumph over the cast on

It's been a stressful past few days/weeks/months, and last night I thought I'd try to get rid of some of that stress with some knitting. Of course, that meant I picked up the pink thing from the UFO pile. You'd think I would go for something that was easy or relaxing, not a project I've been trying to start for a while and that keeps getting messed up. But...that is what I did. I suppose it was a combination of wanting to knit and wanting to be productive in something, both of which would (I surmised) prove to lower the Stress Threat Level from severe to high.

I am happy to report that with careful counting of stitches and only a few mis-stitches that were quickly identified and fixed -- it's all cast on and it's working! I am on my way to finishing the whole project, and the pink lace can fit in my bag so I can knit on the bus. Aaah...the bliss.

No comments: