Thursday, February 15, 2007

for my sweetie

All right, so I had to do something special and nice and loving for someone for Valentine's Day, and since I did not run into any homeless people (they, like 99% of the rest of the people of Pittsburgh, apparently were stuck inside due to the large downpour of sleet that turned into ice and encrusted cars and homes and then was covered with several inches of snow on Tuesday night, the night on which "D" was driving back to his home from a work trip, and I really hope he's okay even if I'm not in like with him!) and my glue ineptitude was never resolved...I de-iced my car and went to the store and bought some lovely treats for...Joelle! (Sheamus wasn't jealous. He has still not eaten. Nothing. Again, I do not know how he is alive. I now have it documented that he has not eaten since at least December... He does appear to have regained some of his up-right-ability, however. Maybe I need to go get some more brine shrimp to tempt him?)

Joelle got her regular assortment of greens including her favorites like dandelions and cilantro (my personal favorite), plus some new-to-her-palate Italian parsley and Swiss chard. And to top it all off...some edible flowers, including a rose or two.I was all excited about the flowers, but like any good, well-planned gift, the recipient was decidedly not interested in the special treat for which I had paid so much and invested much time to find. Joelle dumped the basket of greens on the floor and pulled out all the dandelions, chard, parsley, and cilantro. A few hours later she finally came back and ate up most of the flowers. Great.

I suppose it all goes to show that no matter how much a person cares, her gift is not necessarily going to be received with the message she meant to convey. Perhaps in many cases, a better strategy to relate one's affection would be to...simply say it.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Such a cute bunny! It's good to see Joelle looking so healthy again.

Also, I don't think she was turning her nose up at the flowers ... she was saving the best for last. Clearly a superior sort of rabbit.