Monday, March 27, 2006

we lost...

(I am retroactively publishing this post...)

On Thursday I drove to Buffalo, New York, for the 2006 USA Hockey Women's Senior B National Championships. My team, Central Pittsburgh, had battled strenuously against zero other teams in our area to win the regional title and had secured our spot in the national tournament by sheer paying of the entry fee. Throughout the season many of my teammates moaned about us being in the B Division for the tournament, saying we weren't good enough to be a B team. However, USA Hockey rules say that, unless we can prove otherwise, any team that has any player who ever played Division III or club hockey in college must be good enough to be B.

I think we proved them wrong.

We played our first game at 7:30 Friday morning, which is a really ugly time for a hockey game. We lost 9 to 0. Our second game later that day was lost 13 to 0. Finally on Saturday we scored, and the final score was us losing 12 to 1. You can see all the stats and that stuff on the website, although they aren't exactly correct, because I know that the stats on myself and the other goalie on my team are not correct - the minutes played are incorrect, to begin with, and that messes up all the other stats. At any rate...we obviously didn't do that great, although it didn't feel like were were doing that awful, really - it just felt like tough, good games. I guess I've developed a thick skin from playing on teams in the past that never won any games.

Anyhow...that's how we did. In the end a team from good old Michigan won - hooray for them!

No comments: