Tuesday, February 28, 2006

i've reached the toe

The first sock for my sockpal is nearly done - I've reached the point where I need to start decreasing for the toe. Yay!!! I want to toss in another lifeline here, because on my first sock I didn't like the way the toe came out the first time, and it's a pain to rip back to redo the toe.

Last Friday, in my distress, I went to my most trusted LYS (and source of the yarn for the socks) to ask about the funky short-row heel. They said it was fine. I was happy. I'm not completely satisfied with the heel, I think it could be better, but I'm okay with it. I hope my sockpal doesn't mind...!!!!! I've tried on the sock-in-progress a few times (fortunately for me, my sockpal and I have very similarly sized feet!) and the heel isn't uncomfortable and seems to look just fine.

Sorry, no pictures of the sock because I forgot my camera today, but here's a few pictures of another craft I'd like to learn someday (soon). These are quilted objects made by and displayed in the room of my brother's friend Mel, whose place I stayed at two weekends ago when the hockey team played and stayed in Columbus. I am convinced that Mel is extremely artistic. Do you agree?
the bed was covered with quilted stuff - a quilted blanket hanging over the headboard, a quilt beadspread, and a quilted pillow-cover!a quilt on the chair (next to the table used for quilting!) makes the dorm room seem very homey!i LOVE this wall hanging! i didn't even realize all the quilting detail until i just resized the photo! wow!!! i also distinctly remember that the quilt on the bed has detailed quilting, too - it's not just squares quilted together; instead it's intricate curly lines. much talent...much time!another wall hanging. notice the colors and how they shift...very nice effect. and then look at the detail in the quilting - all sorts of shapes!a close-up of the wall hanging. do you see it? isn't that AWESOME!!!!?!

No comments: