Monday, February 06, 2006

happy steeler-day!

So much to blog about, so little time...!

Today I must note the winning of the National Football League's Lombardi Trophy by the Pittsburgh Steelers, who defeated the Seattle Seahawks at last night's Super Bowl in Detroit! Pittsburgh is certainly an exciting place to be right now. It's amazing how much a sport where people spend most of their time running into each other can control the actions of an entire metropolis!! Be it wearing black and gold clothing, going to a television-watching party with friends, consuming large amounts of alcohol, or lighting cars on fire, the activities of many people in Pittsburgh were dictated by the Steelers this weekend.

I "celebrated" by going to my friend Ben's house - he actually has a t.v. that gets ABC; I don't. A bunch of us were there and had a great time watching and oohing and aahing and wondering why the Seahawks weren't doing what we thought they should do (There was a Seahawks fan there, too, and even he admitted there were some issues with the way the game was played. We did, however, agree with him that the refereeing did seem to be very much in the favor of Pittsburgh. Not sure what was up with that, but there should have certainly been at least one touchdown awarded to the Seahawks and taken away from the Steelers.). Stay tuned tomorrow to learn what else I did during the game...

I'm beginning to think that dear Amber over in Spokane is never going to speak to me again - first the Steelers beat her favorite Peyton Manning, then they take out the team from her state! Eeks!! Sorry, Amber! I've been thinking of you!

Tomorrow there will be a celebratory parade downtown, but sadly I will not be there - I'll be enroute to Michigan. Seems I always miss the parades that welcome back the teams that spark riots, be it in response to basketball or football...

Okay, I know that the MSU riots were due to the LOSS of the basketball team, not the victory, but hey...honestly, it all mushes together in my head, and I forget whether the riot was in response to a win or a loss. The point it that rioting is stupid. Remind me to show off my favorite piece of artwork sometime - "Bright Idea."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*laughs* I'm still more upset about the Indy loss. The Seahawks had some major timing issues - not sure what they were doing, but it doesn't look like they knew either. There were some interesting calls by the refs though - I will give them that.

I'm glad you still have "Bright Idea" - that is one night I will NEVER forget at MSU. One of the freakiest and most interesting all at the same time. Glad I got to share that one with you : )

YEAH STEELERS! : )