Wednesday, September 06, 2006

suitcases and bags

Last night I went to bed around 9:30. This morning, as I was running out the door around 6:45a.m. to catch my bus, I did a double take, because right there in front of my neighbor's door was...my luggage! I wasn't completely surprised, because I had called about it last night and got a recorded message that it was all found and would be delivered within 6 hours of 5:30p.m. Being that I hadn't heard anything from the airline, I didn't really trust that this would actually occur, but apparently, according to my voice mail, the luggage was dropped off at 11:00p.m. (Why would someone be going to a house at 11p.m., even if it were within that 6 hour window...??) I didn't have time to dig through and make sure everything was in my two bags, but I did have enough time to pull out my contacts and my USB cable!

So - pictures! Yay!

As with any trip, it all starts with packing. And thus...my suitcase, with my favorite dog of all time, Corkie. He has lived with me since I was about 1 year old, and he travels pretty much everywhere I go, although he doesn't take to traveling quite as well as he used to. This trip, for example, some of his insides came out.You can see how I carefully packed my big bag of warn and the all-important Interweave Knits magazine. Only the essentials here, folks.

Corkie was pretty happy when we arrived in Munich and saw that dogs were allowed (on and off leashes) in the airport.Once my co-worker and travel partner, Lori, arrived on her separate flight, we went to our hotel and then rode the S-Bahn into Munich.Once in Munich, we ate some bratwurst and dropped into a yarn store that didn't have what I want - I was looking for Regia Canadian Colors at the Ludwig Beck store, but I think that line isn't available anymore. Instead, we went to the Residenz, which has nothing to do with knitting. We did see the crown jewels and a really cool shell-encrusted mosaic in a courtyard.It's kind of sad that a lot of the stuff at the Residenz, including perhaps this, were damaged or destroyed in World War II.

I suppose if we were proper Munich tourists we would have visited a beer garden. However, we did not. But, the next day as we traveled away from Munich and towards Prague, I did get a picture of what was growing on either side of the Autobahn: hops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your luggage is back. Hurray!!!

Mom