Tuesday, September 26, 2006

knitting update

Sorry for so few posts lately. Just haven't been in the mood.

The knitting story focuses on socks.

-The Super Secret Socks for Someone are mostly done. One was finished, but then I had to take it apart because I didn't have enough of the right color of yarn to get the second sock to be long enough and still match in color. So, I ripped out the first sock and cut and pasted (er...not really with paste) in some appropriate yarn and finished it again. But I bound it off too tightly so now it won't fit onto anyone's foot, so I have to fix that. In the meantime, I'm finishing the second sock. These poor socks!

-The Retro Rib sock is slowly but surely being completed on the bus. I'm about halfway through with the leg. It's slow going with the fine yarn and the ribbed pattern and the not-long-enough bus rides to and from work, which sometimes are completely consumed with slowly sipping coffee to make me wake up.

So goes knitting...

No comments: