Saturday, January 13, 2007

nothing better

It's a rainy, gloomy Saturday in Pittsburgh. Not a whole lot to do other than laundry, go to knitting/crochet group after not being there for about 6 weeks, and pop into work for a few hours. The first thing that came to my mind this morning when I woke up to the clouds and cool air outside was: have curry for lunch.

I think it is a grave misfortune that I was not introduced to curry earlier in my life, although avoiding the high fat content of the coconut milk with which it's made was probably a good thing. I first had curry when I moved to Pittsburgh, and it was home-made, and it was GOOD. It has just enough spices, it makes me feel warm inside like nothing chicken noodle soup could ever come close to, and it stays. The drawback is that the curry smell also stays - in one's clothes and hair and breath. But it's such a comforting, inviting aroma, I'm happy to deal with it.

I went to a Malaysian restaurant with my friend Jen on Thursday and brought back a large portion of my green curry with tofu and delectable vegetables like baby corn, beans, and carrots. For lunch today I made a couple servings of brown rice, mixed in the leftovers, and sat down to a delightful meal that kept me toasty all afternoon. Aah. Curry.If you have never had the pleasure of enjoying a good curry, please do try. If you want a recipe to try, visit here. I've not tried this recipe, but all I've made from this website is delectable.

No comments: