Wednesday, October 11, 2006

update on joelle

I don't feel much like writing about the goings-on with Joelle. Suffice to say that I got to take her home and she doesn't have cancer but doesn't appear to really have improved abscess-wise, which I'm not entirely pleased with. I'm going to make an appointment with a different vet who has treated cases like this before (which turned out very sadly for my pal Ruth in a similar situation).
:'-(
Joelle is, however, doing "okay" - eating, having normal digestion, although yesterday when I brought her home, she didn't drink at all during the night, which concerns me. That and the entire rest of the problem, including my discomfort with the vet and her treatment of this ailment, made it extremely difficult to fall asleep last night, and I think all in all I had about 4 hours of sleep. And strong coffee this morning. Stress is bad.

Anyhow, the funniest/saddest part is what the poor dear looks like now. It's rather frightening, actually, although it's simply a bunny with very little fur on her face (and a gigantic lump with oozing gook). Take a look:She appears rather like a baby alpaca (which, incidentally, I like (at least their yarn) - I just don't much like rabbits looking like baby alpacas).

And to think that merely a week ago she was a gigantic fur-ball...The hair will grow back, it will just take time - and I hope we still have a lot of that with this one!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Oh, Ruth ... I am so sorry that Joelle isn't any better. If it's any consolation, the vet we saw yesterday said that rabbits do much better, overall, with this problem than do guinea pigs.

I will be thinking of you both, and hoping that the new vet can help.