Saturday, August 19, 2006

one last rush of activity

I really need to stop reading about rabbits. The more I read about the behavioral and medical problems they are prone to, the more Joelle suddenly acquires those problems. For example, Joelle certainly had no interest in digging at the carpet for quite a few days. It wasn't until I read in one of my rabbity books that they might destroy the carpet with their digging that she started - all of a sudden! And then last night... The night before I had read about sneezing, sometimes it's allergies, sometimes it's a serious illness. And what does Joelle start doing on our Friday night together? Sneezing. A lot. So much that I tried checking her nose to see if it was runny (that made her mad) and then this morning dug out my thermometer and took her temperature (that made her really mad!). I can't tell, but I decided I just had better stop worrying about it right now, because if she's really sick, the pet-sitter will take care of her, and if she's really into digging up the carpet, the pet-sitter will stop her, and if she discovers some other way to be the bad bunny she's prone to be, the pet-sitter will take care of her. There's nothing I can do when I'm on a different continent!

And that is where I will be within about 36 hours!! Aak! I still have to finish packing and hemming my pants and cleaning the house and figuring out what I'm doing once I land and which knitting to take along and...!! Gotta stay calm. Maybe Joelle is rubbing off on me - we're both being rather high-strung this week, though understandably so.

Ta-ta for now. I will try to post things when I can get Internet access, but no promises, at least not until August 29.

No comments: