Tuesday, August 08, 2006

a finished sock

I did it - I finished the first of the two Retro Rib socks last night. See:
note the vogue knitting book in the background. yeah...needed that because i always forget how to do kitchener stitch on the toe...
It's a fairly good sock. The instep could due to be a bit tighter around my foot, and I managed to make it too long. But...oh well! It's a sock, and it's purple, and I find it rather pretty.

I told myself I really needed to cast on the second sock so the first one doesn't just get hung out to dry without a partner, but as I was rummaging around to get out some larger needles to cast on with, I realized that I don't know where the stitch marker I had been using on the leg of the sock went. I had it until I started the heel. And it seems that I would have put the stitch marker somewhere secure, like in a pocket of a purse or something, but I can't seem to find it. Pity, because it had little blue and purple beads that even coordinated beautifully with the yarn. So if you happen to see it...let me know! And I guess the loss of the stitch marker is my excuse for why I did not start the second sock. ...Could be bad news, especially since I have been thinking about starting a different pair of socks...!

1 comment:

Yi said...

Very cool :) Will you teach me how to knit whenever I see you again?