Tuesday, July 18, 2006

stress relief

After a wonderful week of relaxing and knitting during my visit to my parents', I have managed to not knit a bit since Thursday! What with the moving and the bird and attempting to unpack, I haven't found the time. All that changed yesterday, though...

When I finally got back from work at 7:30p.m., I had a Situation to deal with, and it ended up with me yelling at someone. I don't normally find myself yelling; I was very upset. Without going into detail, the person I was yelling at is extremely good at using manipulative speaking to try to make the listener feel guilty about whatever the Situation is - and manipulation is one of my Very Strong Pet Peeves. Reflecting on the conversation now, I can take away this life lesson: when you repeatedly are told you are doing the opposite of help when you think you're helping, the problem isn't all the people you've been trying to help -- it's you.

After the yelling conversation and some salad greens and a bite of banana for supper, I had to go continue dealing with the Situation at another location. I did not complete my dealing until 11:00p.m. This was well past my bedtime, and I was exhausted and hot and dirty (the Situation involved some trash). And so I took a shower (my shower had not been working very well at all, but yesterday it got fixed. It was LOVELY!!!) and put on pajamas...and dug out the Nadia yarn and a half-eaten box of Whoppers.

Oh...Nadia yarn. You are so soft and cuddly and full of long, beautiful fibers. You will make a sumptuous and warm hat that will be a joy to wear on a cold, cold day! I don't like most textured yarns, but you are simply pleasurable with your thin and thick spin. I could knit with you for a long, long time. You make me feel much better, even when I know I'll be tired in the morning after staying up late with you.

(I was intending to post an entirely different knitting-related item here today, but since the battery recharger I need to properly power my camera is still packed and I haven't had time to turn on my laptop to transfer some other image files...this will have to do. Plus...this is more timely! The regularly-scheduled post will appear next Tuesday, I trust.)

1 comment:

Elemmaciltur said...

I read your comment over at Alison's blog that you're coming to Munich. Just wanna say that if you like, you're cordially invited to pop in to the Stitch 'n Bitch group here (we meet on Wednesdays and Sundays)...and if you need someone to point out the LYSs here, just let me know!