Tuesday, May 09, 2006

the happy ending

Throughout my looooooooong day Thursday, I (and I'm totally serious here...) kept thinking to myself, "You can do it...just a few more hours...and then maybe when you get home your Sockapaloooza socks will be in the mail!" I was just trying to amuse myself, but...imagine my delight when I got home and found the following items in my mail pile (sorry for the totally cruddy pictures...it was past midnight, and I'd been up at 5a.m.):
money owed me by the university!an invitation to ren's wedding!MY SOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, they arrived!! I ripped open the package, pulled off my boring white socks from my exhausted feet, and jumped into the papasan to put on my new socks!
feet, meet socks. socks, meet feet

Brynne, my S'ploooza pal, knit me good. Just look...
A beautiful cabley rib, and a heel with slipped stitches - the texture is way cool!Shaped toes so I know which sock is for which of my different-sized feet.I don't know what this heel is called, but I really like it.
A shaped calf...very thoughtful!! And look at how the pattern is maintained...excellent workmanship...!!

Brynne's the best. It's amazing to see how much work went into the socks. The colors are gorgeous and happy and spring-like and go with many clothes I have, including my new favorite pink fleece sweatshirt. And I was also presented with some sock yarn to make summer socks, too! Yay!!!

I am afraid I may love my new socks a little too much. I wore them to work on Friday...and then I wore them on Saturday...and on Sunday... Hey, they're nice, okay? And they deserve the upmost care...and love. What better way to love socks than to wear them?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you like the way they fit! There's always a little bit of holding my breath as they're mailed off, hoping my pal will like them!

Ruth said...

No better way at all! They're lovely.