Tuesday, April 18, 2006

sockapaloooza countdown

I'm all done with my sock for sockapaloooza, so I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the address to which the socks are to be sent. My sockapaloooza pal doesn't have a website, so I decided long ago that I was not going to find out more about him/her via the internet. However, today I realized that I know the person's name, I know the general vicinity of where the person lives, and I know how to use Google. And thus, with a few clicks of buttons, I found my person! I didn't learn much except that this person works in the same sort of field as my dad. If only I'd have known. Then I would have asked Daddy for some suggestions. ...Well, maybe not. But I do think I've made a good choice for the recipient. Perhaps I'll find a little something more to send along in the package, now that I know what career the sockapaloooza pal has.

In other knitting news, the Wave Skirt continues to get longer. I made the huge mistake last week of not weaving in the end of one strand of yarn for very long - on the next round, one of the stitches disappeared because I had managed to pull the woven-in yarn back so much!! Yikes. I made some creative adjustments, and I think it's okay now. The whole thing hasn't fallen apart yet, so I guess that means it's alright.

1 comment:

Emma said...

Congrats on finishing!