Monday, April 28, 2008

having fun after new work day one

No incredibly huge disasters occurred while at my first day of work, so that was good. It did, however, rain all day. I still managed to force myself to walk to and from work, although I wised up on the way home and went and bought myself some bus tokens, which were useful because my trip home was actually just so I could pick up my Social Security card, which I did not know I would need but in fact did, and I had to then go back and forth to work one more time...which I did on the bus.

Anyhow, the day wasn't awful, but I was certainly motivated at its conclusion to stop by the corner grocery store and buy a gigantic bag of Reese's pieces and some Dove dark chocolate promises. New jobs will do that, I guess.

My friend Sarah recently did this, and since I'm feeling like vegging and know that the first thing on my to-do list is to pay bills, here is an insert-your-name-into-Google-and-report-the-first-hit game:

Q: Type in "[your name] needs" in the Google search:
A: Perhaps it was a reminder that God's power is what Ruth needs to heed, not man's shallow disdain, as Mr. Benson taught her.
(Nevertheless, the next hit is "Ruth needs a husband.")

Q: Type in "[your name] looks like" in Google search
A: Ruth looks like she might have some to spare!

Q: Type in "[your name] likes" in Google search:
A: Ruth likes a partner who is mentally alive and keeps her guessing.

Q: Type in "[your name] says" in Google search:
A: Ruth says update your blog!
(The next line is "And when Ruth tells you to do something...")

Q: Type in "[your name] wants" in Google search:
A: RUTH WANTS TO BE BOXER

Q: Type in "[your name] does" in Google search:
A: Ruth does not come to the Lord because He is the Lord.
??huh??

Q: Type in "[your name] hates" in Google search:
A: Ruth hates studying.

Q: Type in "[your name] goes" in Google search:
A: Ruth goes with Naomi.


Q: Type in "[your name]" in Google search:
A: The first hit is Ruth's Chris Steak House. Why in the world is it called that, anyhow?? Couldn't they just have one first name??

Q: Type in “origin of [your name]” in Google search:
A: Ruth is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "friend, companion."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha. So I tried to do this, but apparently several other people named Anna have played the same game and posted it on their blogs. Meaning its impossible to enter those phrases and not have the first hit be what someone else named Anna found when the played the game. Kinda funny.

Anonymous said...

I tried to do this as well. Unforuanately nearly everything that came up with my name was too obscene to post on the internet. Oh well!