Tuesday, June 28, 2005

the best foods in the world

One of my coworkers returned today from maternity leave. Another one of my coworkers brought in a cookie cake to celebrate. Cookie cake is one of the best creations in all the world!!!! I could eat a whole one by myself in one sitting. ...If I had to. It is pretty filling.

There are still some people who apparently don't know what a cookie cake is. It's just a gigantic cookie (usually chocolate chip) 10 or 12 inches in diameter with decorative frosting on top. I got my first one when I was a freshman in college - on my birthday (October 12) a cookie cake that said "Happy Birthday" arrived at my dorm room from my parents via the University bakery. Mmmmmmm!

I'm not totally a junk-food-aholic. One of the other best foods in the world, in my opinion, is the apple. To be more specific, I'd say a red delicious apple, but lots of other varieties of apples have many good points. I never realized how much I love apples until I wore braces in middle/high school and couldn't eat apples for 3 years. There used to be some orchards by my home where during the fall one could go take a ride on a tractor-drawn wagon into the apple orchard, pick an apple from the tree, and bite into its crisp, juicy goodness on the ride back to the parking lot. Nothing beats that.

No comments: