Friday, October 12, 2007

it's my...

Not to toot my own horn, but it's my birthday!

And it's also Columbus Day.

For all who are burning to know, I am planning to celebrate by...
  • Accomplishing some immunology and microbiology work at the lab
  • Attending a conference about science down the street
  • Visiting the chiropractor
  • Attempting to go home and sleep as soon as possible
The past several weeks have left me exhausted (and with big back, shoulder, and leg pains...), thanks to massive amounts of lab work, and even though I have a yummy supply of coffee to hold me over, I'm really quite tired. It's gotten to the point where I am really quite incapable of even writing an email that makes any sense. So, all I want for my birthday is...my bed.

This also means that if you happen to call me to wish me happy birthday, please don't do so too late. :-) I will certainly be turning off my phone's ringer as soon as I'm ready to hit the sack.

The large amount of work-related tasks I've been up to explains (or rather...is my excuse for...) the lack of writing I've done here. Sorry about that. Here's the summary of the last month: work...sleep...work...visit to my favorite city ever...work...sleep...work...decide to go on a trip in May...work...sleep...work...convinced myself that all of my hard work had earned me a Starbucks pumpkin latte, but it was the grossest thing I've ever had...work...sleep...work...car got hit by a golf ball as I was sitting in it at a parking lot...work...sleep...work...haven't gotten time to swing by the body shop to get an estimate for the car...work...sleep...work...work...no sleep...work...meetings with fun and interesting engineers...work...sleep...work...

You're all caught up.

Seriously, it hasn't been that awful - I've also had some really good times with various friends, and I accomplished a bit more of a sock. Woo hoo.

There is a bit more news to share, but I'm too tired to write about it in an engaging manner today. So...I'm going to go finish my coffee and head over to the conference where they will be serving me MORE coffee...hooray!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Happy Birthday a day late. Mine was a few Fridays ago, but I had to work in the NICU the next day, so I just came home and slept too. I did get a phone call from Florida at 11:46pm. I answered it quite groggily, so he just told me to go back to sleep. Later he admitted that he felt really bad after calling me. I just don't know what possesses people to call that late--even if it is a birthday call. Anyway, I hope you got a lot of sleep! I'm sure you cherish sleep as much as I do!
Anna

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday fellow Libran!!! :-)